Cannabis is a big business all around the world. With more states legalizing cannabis in all its forms, it is easy to see why someone would want to get involved. Once you have started your business, you will need a solid plan to grow your following. The internet is a perfect place to get started with marketing your business and connecting with your potential clients.
Challenges to the Cannabis Business
Even while cannabis is being legalized, there are still pockets unaccepting of cannabis use. This can lead to hurt feelings in the community when a cannabis-based business opens up. Marketing locally presents a real challenge as a result.
Digital marketing can be far more effective in reaching your target audience. You can skip the negativity and spread the word right to those who are most likely to be accepting of your business. Through a targeted approach, you can even put your business on the map for those seeking out travel based on visiting cannabis-based businesses.
Effectively Promoting Your Business Online
There are plenty of digital marketing tools that have been used for years with great success. These are still effective today in making sure you not only have an online presence, but it will work for you. These different methods include:
- Have a good website – Think of your website as your store as it exists online. It is the place all traffic can be directed. Make sure it is easy to navigate and has the most up to date information at all times.
- Implement SEO strategy – Understanding what keywords people are going to search for will help you to know how to market your business. A good SEO strategy will investigate your target audience and what they care about to know how to reach out to them.
- Content Marketing/Maintain a blog – Like it or not, online content is still the king! Having good quality content that provides value to the reader assures you better positioning online. Quality material on your blog and in marketing maintains a position at the head of the pack.
- Traditional Social Networks and cannabis social networks – With so many different social networks to be involved with, it can be daunting. Add to that the different cannabis social networks and it may seem impossible. All you want to do is sell vape parts! Take some time to engage through these different networks and it will make a world of difference.
- Advertising – Good old fashioned advertising is always the quickest and easiest way to get out the message. This can be done through television, radio, outdoor billboards, print, and online media, etc.
A Fresh Look at Promoting Cannabis Businesses Online
As the cannabis industry grows, so will ways in which you can promote it. While this can require some marketing savvy to stay in touch with the growing methods for promoting your business through new methods, it will also allow you to connect with a whole other range of potential customers. Among the way you can promote your business include:
- Use video marketing – There are several video platforms out there for you to promote your business with. Such things as Tik Tok, IGTV, and more have sprouted up alongside the giants like YouTube which already have a major market share. By utilizing these platforms, you are going to reach out to those just entering the market for buying cannabis products.
- Influencers and brand ambassadors – Many of the people who are big on social media sites are willing to partner with a business they believe in. By reaching out to different influencers, you can make them your brand ambassador online. Every time they talk about your business, you will be more attractive in the eyes of thousands.
- Retargeting – When people visit your site, you do not want them to simply forget you. This is why retargeting has become extremely popular. This is the practice whereby your advertising will pop up throughout search engines and when browsing other sites. It will seem like a coincidence to many and will keep you at the forefront of the minds of those who may purchase.
- Email Marketing – A good email marketing campaign is a very effective marketing tool. The names for your email marketing list can be culled from several different sources. You can then utilize these lists to promote, remind, and follow up with your target audience.
The different methods for promoting your cannabis business online will help you do so much more than just selling. You can grow your business and your brand through a method most people identify with as a part of their everyday life.
Always pay attention to which formats are working best for you when engaging in online marketing. Keep in mind something that is not working maybe failing because of a fault in the plan, rather than in the format. This means, try new things on the same platform until you find something that works. Don’t give up right when something is not working. When you find something that does work, keep at it!
Beginner’s advice for online marketing is to pay attention to what the competition is doing. What is working for them will work for you as well. Just don’t stay in their shadow. Once you have hit a stride, break out into new territory and distinguish yourself as the authority in the cannabis business. Your sales will thank you!
Michael is a writer and content marketing strategist with 10+ years of experience currently enjoying his work at GotVape. His idea is to break some of the stereotypes people have towards health providing educational pieces. He gets motivation by doing things he always assumed he can’t do but secretly wanted to try. Work hard, challenge yourself, stay focused, take a rest, and surround yourself with good people - this is the path to a balanced life.