Website CLS Holdings
From Seed to Sale: Cultivating the Health and Safety of Our Customers
CLS is a vertically integrated cannabis producer and retailer offering a wide variety of cannabis products through two subsidiaries: Oasis Cannabis and City Trees. We hold a U.S. Patent for our proprietary extraction and conversion methodology, which delivers products with a higher level of quality and consistency.
The Financial Controller reports to the COO and President of the corporation and serves in a key financial management role in a rapidly growing business and dynamic industry. The position interfaces with senior management, accounting staff and various key stakeholders inside and outside the company. The position is a key member in the accounting department and has a wide range of responsibilities.
About the Position
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000.00/ year – based on experience
Job Type: Full-time salaried position
- Preparing journal entries as part of monthly transaction and closing process;
- Analyzing accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory costs, and internal controls to provide management reporting in the area;
- Preparing federal, state and local tax filings;
- Preparing the monthly close and financial statement preparation;
- Preparing supporting documents for monthly and annual compliance audits;
- Supporting and supervising accounting staff effort in daily and monthly transaction processing;
- Preparing account reconciliations and support schedules as part of month end close;
- Developing ad hoc financial analysis;
- Analyzing weekly cashflow reports;
- Assists in accounts receivable collections;
- Assists is preparation of budgets and forecasts;
- Assists in preparation of 10K and 10Q SEC filings;
- Assists payroll in preparation of commission pay;
- Assists in cash management process, and;
- Performs other duties as requested.
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Expertise with Quickbooks
- Advance computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communications skills
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced environment
- SEC public company experience required
- Cannabis experience preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills, friendly personality and team building leadership skills required
- Must be 21+ yrs old and possess a valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must be able to obtain NV Dept of Taxation Marijuana Dispensary Agent Card and LV Metro Sheriff’s Marijuana ID Work Card(s). Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State Cannabis regulations.
- Software experience in Microsoft office, and Metrc, computer literacy in working with Outlook email and Microsoft Office suite (mainly Excel).
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred. A minimum of 5 years of related work experience is required. Providing a resume and references is required.
Providing a resume and professional references for review is required
Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Paid time off, store discounts
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- United States (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.clsholdingsinc.com.