Website Eden Enterprises
Pioneering a standard in the cannabis industry.
Eden Enterprises is a vertically integrated cannabis company with expanding interests in retail, cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and intellectual property. Eden Enterprises hosts a number of operations comprising Garden of Eden (dispensary brand), Eden Infusions(distribution/manufacturing), Terpene Belt Farms (hemp cultivation) and Terpene Belt Processing (hemp processing). Our network of experience brought to the table by cannabis business veterans, both founding members and external partners, provides the basis for vertical integration across the entire cannabis and hemp supply chains.
The tractor operator / mechanic position will operate, maintain/service, and repair heavy equipment and other infrastructure on the farm-site(s), as well as assist in field work throughout the production season under the supervision of the Director of Cultivation. The associate will support the operation in Byron, CA.
- Utilize best practices based on past experience and instruction/training to safely and responsibly operate, maintain/service, modify, and repair heavy farm equipment and other infrastructure on-site (ie. diesel equipment, irrigation infrastructure);
- Understand the equipment and associated risks to effectively oversee a preventative maintenance/service schedule as well as to manage supply of maintenance- and repair-related inventory;
- Assist in mechanized/industrial field work including: soil and bed preparation; direct seeding and/or transplanting; pre-harvest disease control; weed control; harvest; compost turning; etc.;
- Assist in hands-on field work including: drip irrigation and chemigation system operating, monitoring, and repair; basic carpentry and electrical; other small projects about the farm; etc.;
- Return all equipment to good working condition following use;
- Maintain an orderly and professional work-site
- Past experience in and demonstrated understandings of operating, maintaining, and repairing heavy farm equipment;
- Reliable, honest, and possess the physical and mental fortitude required of prolonged work in challenging environmental conditions;
- Can work long and/or variable hours per seasonal demands;
- “Handiness” or sufficient dexterity for maintenance and repair of infrastructure about the farm/work-site;
- Understand and adhere to all safety practices in daily work and satisfy all training requirements;
- Maintain a good attitude and treat all co-workers with respect, despite challenging conditions;
- Passion for agriculture
- Must speak some English;
- Reliable transportation to and from the farm/work-site;
- Can repetitively lift and carry items that may exceed 55 lbs;
- Must be 21 years of age;
- Pass a live scan fingerprinting and background check;
Desirable but not Required:
- Diploma or College Education
- Experience with setup and operation of drip irrigation
- Ability to speak some Spanish
- Ability in various skilled trades
Eden Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate against, make employment decisions, or permit harassment based on perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, age sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S Military or veteran status, salary history, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Eden is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities, including by not limited to the Fair Pay Act, FEHA, and all applicable laws and ordinances regarding conviction and arrest history.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.