Striving to reach higher, to elevate your experience, and deliver unparalleled quality.
We are looking for a Manager of Facilities and Equipment to manage our cannabis production and retail building systems. With this role, we are adding to our facilities team, putting in place a new role that will focus on one of several facilities reporting to the experienced Facilities Director who oversees several of our buildings. We are looking for the right individual that will support the company’s growth.
The Manager of Facilities and Equipment must maintain our facility and cannabis operations central equipment in proper working order. This includes working with our grow team, packaging team, retail team and cleaning team to strengthen our existing preventative maintenance plan and coordinating across our in-house staff and outside vendors to minimize downtime. This role must manage non-scheduled downtime, troubleshooting and problem-solving equipment breakdowns with our team. This role must participate in installation and/or on-going maintenance of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, CO2 storage, water systems and exterior components – such as gates, driveways and lighting – of the facility. The Manager will have a working understanding of all related IT, security, and other low-voltage systems, and will work with outside vendors directly.
This role will be tasked and challenged with the goal of continually improving and strengthening the physical condition of our operations, and the depth and expertise of our facilities team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in-house maintenance services
- Maintain and improve preventative maintenance program for building systems and equipment
- Respond swiftly to equipment failures, minimizing downtime and providing outstanding support and communication to production teams and retail teams
- Actively strengthen relationships with equipment vendors
- Bring innovative solutions to equipment use and systems
- Participate in new equipment installation planning across internal team and outside suppliers
- Direct proper equipment operation for all building systems and equipment
- Oversee proper equipment use by staff
- Maintain rigorous organization and inventory of tools and spare parts
- Support and uphold OSHA standards and worker safety
- Maintain our high standards of sanitation and all COVID required guidelines
Qualified Candidates Will Fit the Following Criteria
- At least 10 years in facilities management, especially building systems management
- Experience across a wide range of facility management skills: Mechanical, electrical, PLC, HVAC, pneumatic, plumbing, engineering
- Ability to collaborate across departments and with outside resources and trade specialists
- Outstanding problem solving, analytic, and troubleshooting capabilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- High energy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with diversity
This is a full-time position located at our main cultivation and dispensary location in Pittsfield, Massachusetts in the heart of the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
Why us? Berkshire Roots is the leading cannabis purveyor in Western Massachusetts, home to the largest indoor cannabis grow space in the Berkshires. We’ve been bringing wellness to our community with cannabis since 2018. We support our community through volunteering, donations to local nonprofits and creating jobs.
Berkshire Roots, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We value an innovative and collaborative culture, celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Visit berkshireroots.com to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org