Improve a life. Enhance a community. Change the world.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Supervising experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
Retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: General Manager
EMPLOYER: LabCanna East [LC Retail Partners LLC]
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
SUMMARY: The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the successful daily operation of the dispensary and developing a professional team that is passionate about the cannabis industry. This position is responsible for recruiting and motivating staff; making sure sales targets are attained; maintaining inventories; developing product displays; scheduling shifts; and implementing marketing campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee marketing, promotions and work with other administrative departments to maintain accurate compliance, procedures, and reports as they pertain to the daily operations and financials of the dispensary.
- Work closely with administration to ensure the dispensary is strictly compliant with all Company and State guidelines.
Prepare and effectively lead state inspectors through inspections.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, safe physical environment, and ensure that all equipment/software is in good working order and ensure that all preventative maintenance is performed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of education of all cannabis and cannabis-infused products and consumption mechanisms.
- Conduct ongoing training and development of the Team through quarterly reviews to ensure consistent performance and knowledge base of Company culture, expectations, and best practices for dispensary staff and customer service.
- Be a positive influence and leader to all dispensary Team, and customers. Inspires and motivates employees to perform at their best through positive encouragement and incentive initiatives.
- Communicate and engage within the community through regular events, sponsorships, etc.
- Propose staffing needs, manage team scheduling within the Labor Budget.
- Manage and track tip distribution, submit reporting and request payouts from Finance.
- Maintain inventory control systems, conduct scheduled inventory audits in accordance with Company compliance guidelines to ensure there is no diversion of inventory and effectively respond to discrepancies .
- Maintain accurate records for all necessary documents; including but not limited to: daily cash reconciliations, delivery and inventory manifests, nightly and monthly inventory counts, necessary employee and customer information, log books, inventory adjustments and damage reports, in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Work with Accounting to create and follow in-store budgets and forecast sales based on principles of retail business and experience. Document financial, inventory and customer trends; maintain sales and expense reports to help create these budgets and forecasts.
- Displays a high level of understanding of the POS system through efficiently and accurately managing the system.
- Contribute to team environment and company advancement in alignment with the strategic direction set by LabCanna
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- *Directly supervises 3 or more employees within the Retail department.
- *Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- *Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Payroll Systems(ADP); Inventory Software (Square); Order Processing Systems; Electronic Mail
Software (Gmail); Electronic Workspace (G-Suite; Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Forms, etc.).
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role and previous experience in the retail, hospitality or cannabis industries is a plus.
- Must be 21+ due to adult use
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong orientation towards providing excellent customer service
- Basic math skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as to work as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to adapt to changing situations
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically;
Upholds organizational values.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others;
Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Continually required to stand.
- Continually required to walk.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to taste or smell.
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
- The employee must continually lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Additional remarks regarding work environment:
Work location will alternate between LabCanna East, LabCanna offices, and offsite events during events season.
Job Status: Salary Full Time (40+ hours per week average)
The General Manager will report to the Director of Operations.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LabCanna is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.