JG explores, curates and celebrates all things cannabis
Job Title: Accounts Payable Manager
311 N Aberdeen St
Chicago, IL, 60607
Employee Type: Exempt Full Time
Job Category: Accounting , Accounts Payable , Finance
Industry: Accounting , Finance , Cannabis
Minimum Experience: 5 Years
Required Degree:: 4 Year Degree
- The Accounts Payable Manager (APM) is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the company’s accounts payable. This role also serves as the focal point for company purchasing efforts including vendor acquisition, contract negotiations, and vendor account management. Additionally, this role hires, trains, and coaches the A/P Team.
- Payment Management : Ensures all A/P documents and payments are processed, scanned, and stored in accordance with company policy· Oversees weekly and ad hoc check runs· Participates in monthly close activities and performs month end reconciliation of A/P Aging Report to the trial balance in collaboration with other members of the Accounting Team
- Vendor Management · Assists in researching new vendors, identifying preferred vendors, and streamlining purchasing procedures across multiple sites· Communicates with vendors/contractors to resolve issues and obtain additional information where required· Timely processes and submits year-end 1099 reports and forms · Continually identifies and implements business process improvements in partnership with other members of the Accounting Team· Conducts regular meetings with assigned employees to assess goal, objective, and task performance and identify developmental opportunities. · Acts as a liaison with auditors and third parties for A/P related inquiries
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Responsible for timely and accurate timesheet submission and recording of PTO taken for all assigned employees
- Hires, trains and develops A/P staff in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures
- Evaluates new vendors in relation to IRS 1099 tax reporting requirements; and, ensures receipt of necessary documentation to accurately set up each vendor in the accounting system.
- Monitors and analyzes company expense trends and makes recommendations for cost improvements and efficiencies.
- Provides purchasing assistance to regional managers including requests for proposals, vendor selection, contract negotiations, new vendor account setup, and on-going account management
- Maintains the company’s vendor database including set-up, maintenance, periodic reviews and purging terminated accounts
- Reviews GL distribution of A/P transactions to ensure accounting and reporting accuracy
- Maintains and enforces proper A/P policies, practices, and internal controls to ensure company assets are safeguarded
- Manages the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable across multiple locations (national and regional) using check, ACH, credit card, and wire payment methods
Education and Experience ·
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience, including 3 years in supervisory role
- Demonstrated proficiency in full-cycle Accounts Payable operations
- Proficient with Excel and analytical tools
- Experience in a purchasing/procurement position within multi-state organization
- Strong oral and written communication experience
- Must have large ERP AP system experience including 1099 filing experience
- Experience analyzing complex and detailed financial data; and, identifying and correcting accounting errors
- Experience in a high-volume, fast paced and automated accounting operation using computer-based accounting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Justice Grown is a vertically integrated cannabis company operating in eight (8) states. Our company was founded in 2014 by civil rights attorneys who are passionately committed to righting the past wrongs of cannabis prohibition. We work directly with adversely impacted communities and individuals to ensure they are partners in the profits and progress resulting from cannabis decriminalization. We seek to provide safe, legal access to cannabis products, use sustainable methods in farming and production, and are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for our Team Members.Justice Grown provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available for full time employees.
To apply for this job please visit secure2.entertimeonline.com.