Your CBD store
Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing, largest franchise hemp retailers in the Nation? With more than 550 locations in 41 states, as well as four stores in the United Kingdom, Sunflora, Inc., the parent company to Your CBD Stores is seeking an Assistant Controller to support our aggressive growth and expansion.
Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will provide high level support by managing accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits. The duties include producing financial summary statements, forecasting, and correcting inaccuracies in the company’s financial records.
- Prepares and consolidates financial statements.
- Establishes and maintains internal controls.
- Provides guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Maintains accurate accounting and payroll records designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
- Works with the Controller in collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data to prepare budgets.
- Assists with preparation for audits and serves as the liaison to external auditors.
- Produces accurate monthly bank reconciliations, general ledger, journal entries, and inventory related entries, documentation, and reports while maintaining accurate and compliant data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Produces periodic financial reports for internal use with notes; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Assists with billing and tax documentation preparation.
- Collaborates with the IT department to maintain financial records and system processes.
- Identifies solutions to discrepancies in financial records.
- Manages monthly, quarterly, and year-end process of the accounting department including:
- Reconciliation of A/P and A/R on a weekly basis
- Reconciliation of clearing account
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Reconciliation of all other Balance Sheet accounts.
- Reconciliation of store credits and verify store count.
- Prepares and receives manual checks and submits them to A/P or A/R.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Make recommendations for system and procedure improvements to the Controller.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and applicable regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Five years or more of related experience required.
- Experience working with financial statement auditors and preparing audit schedules.
- Experience in a consumer goods/inventory centric environment.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
Sunflora offers a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to their employees, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Generous vacation time and paid holidays.
- Casual dress code.
To apply for this job please visit cbdrx4u.com.