- Full Time
- Heath, TX
Green Lake Nursery
A Passion for Plants
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Green Lake Nursery is a rapid growing wholesale grower offering outdoor perennials, seasonal color, along with ferns, groundcovers, succulents, grasses, xeric plants, and vines. We are currently looking for Greenhouse Workers predominantly taking care of containerized plants inside greenhouse and outside field. A successful candidate would be an individual who has a passion for growing organic and who is not afraid to get their hands dirty. Someone who can lead by example and help their team reach their personal and professional goals.
Duties will include but not limited to the following:
· Work as team player.
· Daily monitoring of watering need using irrigation clocks or hose application
· Maintain irrigation sprinklers – clean clogged sprinklers, etc.
· Determine fertilization needs by sight and/or testing of soil using appropriate equipment and making applications as needed after consulting with the Head Grower
· Scout for insect and disease pressures, then taking corrective action as directed by the Grower
· Maintaining proper chemical application documentation
· Daily monitoring of heating and venting of houses
· Overseeing other irrigators and maintenance personnel assigned to your area
· Managing crop finish times – knowing when to push hard or even slow down to hit finish date
· Coordinating/Communicating with the Availability Team
· Assist head grower as needed with various task
· Maintaining a clean growing environment- weeds, debris, Trash, excess production materials
· Working to create a safe work environment with proper training and retraining
· Monitor, test and track the PH levels, EC’s and other tests as needed
· Able to lift 40+ lbs
This position will require significant hours in season. Other responsibilities will be added as deemed necessary.
All employees and customers are required to wear mask.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Tagged as: Full Time, Horticulture, South
To apply for this job please visit greenlakenursery.net.