The function of the Inventory Assistant Manager is to support the Inventory Manager in overseeing all inventory department operations and personnel. The Inventory Assistant Manager will aid in assuring inventory product is received, handled, stored, protected, prepared, tracked and reported upon in accordance with all state regulations and all Berkshire Root’s in-house policies.
The Inventory Assistant Manager is responsible for aiding the Inventory Manager in efforts to maintain and evolve efficient inventory procedures, and for additionally making certain that all inventory personnel are fully trained, supported and capable of performing their required job functions in adherence with such procedures. The Inventory Assistant Manager will assist with staff oversight, training/education and scheduling and seek to foster a safe, organized and enjoyable work atmosphere for their team. They will aid in assuring that all inventory related information and pertinent updates are relayed to the rest of the BR team. They will act as the main point-of-contact for the Inventory Department in the Inventory Manager’s absence.
The Inventory Assistant Manager will also assist with the monitoring of sales and market research to help identify product/sales trends and aid in wholesale purchase planning under the Inventory Manager’s direction. The Assistant Manager will also help in efforts to reduce and prevent product loss, creating processes and protocols to help with loss prevention or daily transaction discrepancies.
The Inventory Assistant Manager will assist in maintaining all processes pertaining to product knowledge and descriptions as it pertains to menu development, updates, and training to ensure all information is made available to each department as is needed.
· Enthusiastic and highly motivated to learn about cannabis science and the cannabis industry
· Experience in retail, hospitality or patient services preferred
· Efficient with both verbal and written communication
· Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize
· Mathematical aptitude, ensuring strong attention to details and data.
· Ability to work in highly stimulated fast paced environment
· Experience working in an environment with high volume of transactions
· Experience with POS systems and computer literate.
· Excellent customer service both in-person and virtually.
· Excel, Outlook and Word proficiency.
· Ability to learn, operate and aid staff with utilization of software platforms related to inventory control/electronic tracking (Metrc/Leaf Logix).
· Lead and cultivate a strong inventory team dynamic and create a positive atmosphere.
· Reviews of internal sales trend and market research. Aid the inventory manager and retail management team in the research and review of all sales data as it pertains to par levels, inventory requests and new product development.
· Strong problem solving, critical thinking and reasoning abilities.
· Ability to work long hours and maintain a high level of energy to help motivate and lead teammates.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to thrive in a challenging, constantly changing start-up environment.
· Must have regular and on-time attendance, able to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, and holiday shifts, including overtime as needed and approved)
· Must be 21 years old, and have a valid identification
· Ability to meet physical demands of the position including standing/moving throughout the duration of shifts and lifting packages up to 50 pounds.
· Bi-lingual (preferred not required) capability to work with translation apps
Specific Operational Responsibilities include:
· Aid in the oversight and execution of all daily inventory operations, helping the team achieve all goals in a compliant and timely fashion.
· Aid with scheduling and other staff-management tasks (training, reviews, etc.)
· Complete daily, weekly and monthly inventory counts with corresponding “Findings” reports outlining count discrepancies and reconciliation needs.
· Assist with maintaining, completing and periodically checking inventory changes and updates in both Metrc and Leaf Logix platforms to assure all product movements, internal/external transfers, adjustments/reconciliations, etcetera, are correctly documented.
· Assist with the review of internal sales trends and market research to aid in product purchase planning and creation of inventory requests.
· Assist with scheduling and coordination of all wholesale deliveries.
· Intake all wholesale delivery products physically and electronically in accordance with regulations and internal operating procedures.
· Track product to be wasted and coordinate with Pittsfield BR team for waste/quarantine product transfer.
· Prepare all product for sale, including verification of labels and packaging in accordance with house policies and regulations.
· Monitor and fill product stock in both fill station and mission control as needed for sales.
Maintaining a strong attention to the cadence needed to restock efficiently and in anticipation of the needs daily, weekly, etc.
· Ensure that all inventory areas are clean, organized, and safe.
· Update all BR staff regarding new product, product recalls, audit findings (if pertinent) and other necessary inventory information regarding product as instructed.
· In conjunction with retail management efforts update and maintain all store menus and product information
· Help to educate, train and grow team and together find ways to evolve/streamline processes.
· Stay Current with all METRC, POS and software updates as released, ensuring all notices and updates are read thoroughly, vetted properly, and that all new operational steps or requirements are adhered to. Ensure all Inventory personnel and retail management team(s) are kept informed on all inventory changes
· Maintain highest standard of professionalism and personal hygiene
· Continually monitor industry for trends, latest research, new developments, product changes, inventory-related regulation changes, hardware and software options etc.;
· Continuously look to help to further grow and educate team as a group and as individual professionals;
· Identify areas for improvement and strategies to address needed changes;
· Maintain continuous state of alertness to fully ensure highest level of safety and security for team members and inventory products.
· Work well with all teammates (Pittsfield and East Boston) as needed to contribute to the health and well-being of the Berkshire Roots Family
*Note: Berkshire Roots reserves the right to alter or add to job description contents. Job description duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change at any time management deems necessary with or without formal notice.
Discriminatory Practices Prohibited
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the company are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The company complies with all Equal Employment Opportunities. Berkshire Roots, Inc., does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: Race, national origin or ethnic background; height and weight; credit rating or economic status; religious affiliation or beliefs; citizenship; marital status; civil partnership or number of children; age; gender, gender identity, or gender expression; sexual orientation; security/background checks for certain religious or ethnic groups; U.S. military or veteran status; disability or medical condition; or questions and examinations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 10 hour shift
- One location
- Every other week
- Front End Manager
Employees working per shift:
- 6 – 10
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org