- Full Time
- Warwick, RI
- Salary: From $15 an hour
Ocean State Controlled Botanicals
The premier medical marijuana cultivator in the state of Rhode Island
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Full Job Description
Associate Cultivation Agent
- Assist with cultivation maintenance including but not limited to: Environmental monitoring, irrigation, nutrition management, integrative pest management, pruning, topping, cloning, transplanting, defoliating, water management, waste management, inventory management, and some post-harvest duties.
- Assist with the propagation and movement of plant material: cloning, seed germination, transplanting, transport, monitoring propagation environmental conditions
- Complete daily with cleaning and janitorial duties on the cultivation floor and thought the facility
- Comply with DBR and industry standards set forth by the state of RI and any other applicable agency
- Operate horticultural equipment and machinery.
- Safe handling, application, inventory and storage of flammable and/or corrosive chemicals
- Track environmental factors and record data to provide to Managers and Head Growers.
- Aid in oversight of the completion of operations in timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and employees.
- Contribute to a fun, team-oriented, and challenging work environment in an innovative and pioneering atmosphere.
- Contribute and improve upon already-existing operations and processes to improve work-flow, efficiency, and provide constructive feedback and recommendations.
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- Ensure that all safety protocols, procedures, and facility rules are followed, including dress codes
- Perform all day-to-day plant routine maintenance throughout the harvesting stage
- Assist in other duties as assigned to ensure the team maintains success
- Work on assigned tasks independently as needed
- BE CLEAN!! Make it part of your ethos!
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Provide references if asked
- Interest in horticulture, agriculture, commercial gardening, and/or plant sciences
- Ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks
- High attention to detail
- Positive, team-centered attitude
- Effective communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, trustworthy
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Squatting and bending for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with scissors and/or sharp/oblong gardening tools safely
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder
- Ability to bend and lift without assistance
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Repetitive use of hands for all functions
- Ability to wear a respirator and/or n95 mask for long periods of time
- Support Staff is responsible for assisting management in harvesting batches on assigned harvest days.
- Support Staff assist management in keeping the facility cleaned and maintained.
- This includes, but is not limited to: zone recovery, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, sanitizing surfaces, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
Tagged as: Cultivation, Full Time, North East
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.