industry leader in hemp recruiting, cannabis recruiting, and cannabis training
Compliance management: 5 years (Required)
Full Job Description
HempStaff is the industry leader in hemp and cannabis industry recruiting and dispensary training. We are your hemp and cannabis industry headhunters, as we specialize in finding management level employees, such as Master Growers, Extractors or Dispensary Managers, even if we have to relocate them from a different state. We are also there for the inexperienced candidate, with dispensary agent training and certification, that can help them find medical marijuana jobs. For more info check out our website www.hempstaff.com and our job board www.cannabisemployment.com
Client is looking for an attorney to serve as their Chief Compliance Officer; ideally someone with CCO experience, has been through an examination, and knows ADV and FINRA rules and regs. This individual does need any cannabis knowledge.
This position is fully remote and very flexible. The CCO is needed on the board with the CEO, and will spend a lot of time with the investor committee.
Salary is between 90-140k/yr with potential equity later on. Standard benefits (Healthcare, dental)
The Compliance Manger will keep the team up to date on legal and regulatory matters impacting operations, monitor operations to identify and correct instances of non-compliance, and reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the provisioning center. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and has in-depth knowledge of cannabis laws and regulations.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of state Cannabis laws and regulations.
- Advise the Compliance Officer and Executives of any crucial compliance issues or changes that could impact the company.
- Manage essential operating records creation and retention.
- Develop a thorough understanding of operations and the work-flow requirements for each job.
- Act as the on-site compliance liaison between state regulators and other staff
- Ensure workplace health and safety policies and procedures are followed
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Responsible for establishing and documenting all aspects of compliance requirements to meet all state laws and regulations
- Seeks to understand all aspects of distribution and manufacturing and facility usage patterns to effectively plan for compliance and auditing requirements
- Communicates all compliance related issues to the CCO in a clear, consistent and effective way possible
- Develops an audit plan and schedule and perform all audits per schedule.
- Continuously learning by researching outlets that provide updates for regulatory matters.
- Critical thinking to find numerous solutions to barriers and going the mile to solve problems.
- Being flexible and open to change due to the evolving nature of the Cannabis Industry.
- The ability to write in a manner that is crystal clear and easily comprehensible to anyone.
- Behaving in a fair, ethical, and calm manner when confronted with conflict or questions.
- The confidence to present accurate information in a clear and concise manner.
Be at least 21 years of age.
Possess excellent reading, writing, and communication skills.
Have an in-depth understanding of all applicable existing and recent cannabis laws and regulations in MI.
Have multiple years of experience working in another highly regulated industry, ideally in a compliance-related position.
Have strong attention to detail and a natural aptitude for organization and systematization.
Be generally positive, adaptable, and team-oriented.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Compliance management: 5 years (Required)
- CCO: 1 year (Required)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit cannabisemployment.com.