Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Communications Content Manager who will utilize best practices and knowledge to plan, prepare and disseminate compelling, educational and accurate information designed to keep Cresco Labs’ key stakeholders informed of the company’s perspectives, programs and accomplishments. This individual will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop, create and execute brand-relevant content across multiple platforms, both internal and external, consistent with Cresco Labs’ communications strategy.
- Write compelling, factually accurate and grammatically clean long-form and short-form copy, as well as effective headlines, taglines and calls to action.
- Produce visual assets – photography and/or video – that can be utilized across multiple channels, including email, mobile app, e-newsletters, print, websites, etc.
- Manage/optimize value of Studio Production department and relevant vendor relationships to create high-impact creative for all communications initiatives.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Corporate Communications Manager to create an integrated editorial content calendar to ensure consistent engagement and education.
- Manage content distribution and work cross-functionally to ensure the correct messaging is conveyed on the proper platform.
- Brainstorm with cross-functional teams to develop new ideas or campaigns for content.
- Act as project manager, ensuring cross-functional teams have a clear understanding of communications strategies and timelines for projects.
- Own all tracking related to email, e-newsletter, mobile app, etc. analytics to gain insight and adjust for engagement.
- Re-evaluate existing content to ensure all items are up to date and consistent with the brand identity in partnership with the Director of Corporate Relations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing.
- 5+ years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or equivalent field.
- Creative design knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tell compelling stories and craft strong narratives.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with all business units and employees.
- A strong track record of high-level implementation who thrives on managing a variety of key projects concurrently.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Must be 21 years of age to apply.
- Must be based in Chicago.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.