Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Director of Corporate Relations to join its Corporate Communications team in Chicago, IL. The Director of Corporate Relations will shape the Cresco Labs brand narrative and guide and execute on the strategic direction of the corporate brand, while keeping the company’s vision, mission and core values in mind and advising business units and executive leaders on issues and opportunities relevant to the brand. This role reports to the Chief Communications Officer. This individual also works closely with teams focused on corporate social responsibility, customer experience, events and asset production, with overall responsibility for the development and implementation of communications strategies, tactics and materials that support Cresco Labs’ corporate goals.
The Director of Corporate Relations is a hands-on position. This role creates, implements and oversees marketing initiatives that effectively portray and promote the organization including management of the visual identity, brand messaging, collateral and events. The ideal candidate will be accountable to develop traditional, digital, and social media marketing pieces that grow brand recognition and market share.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Champion the Cresco Labs corporate brand and lead the development and execution of the Corporate Brand Identity Standards and all of the associated policies and procedures.
- Partner with department leadership to lead the implementation of a Cresco Labs brand communications annual strategy, quarterly tactics and supporting collateral/video production.
- Manage integrated communications plans in partnership with the Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Manager of Corporate Communications who oversee Corporate & House of Brands PR and Employee Communications, respectively.
- Own marketing initiatives for the Cresco Labs brand, including partnerships, sponsorships and events.
- Drive messaging strategy and tactics that communicate the Company’s efforts in corporate diversity, equity and inclusion; cannabis industry social justice and social equity; corporate philanthropy; and community integration.
- Manage the digital communications and strategy team focused on Cresco Labs’ brand reputation and partner with Social and Shopper Service teams to manage/optimize the process for monitoring and responding to ongoing conversation about Cresco Labs across Cresco Labs brand social media channels and specific online platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, etc.)
- Lead industry recognition programs for Cresco Labs, including researching, identifying, vetting and coordinating submissions for notable industry & editorial award opportunities and executive leadership speaking engagements.
- Define and track key metrics for measuring the success of branding and marketing programs.
- Own Cresco Labs brand vision and brand style guide, ensuring that look and feel across operational markets is consistent, on brand and relevant.
- Cross-functional support through development of Cresco Labs branded collateral, proposals and presentations.
- Continuously assess competitive landscape and marketplace overall to understand the Cresco Labs brand performance and manage ongoing process to ensure brand is fresh, relevant and demonstrates Cresco Labs brand leadership position.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing.
- 7+ years of experience in Corporate branding, PR or equivalent field.
- Strategic planning experience.
- 6+ years of progressive leadership experience.
- Creative design knowledge.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tell compelling stories and craft strong narratives.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with all business units and employees.
- A strong track record of high-level implementation who thrives on managing a variety of key projects concurrently.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Must be 21 years of age to apply.
- Must be based in Chicago.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.