Premium hemp products for the global marketplace.
Title: Director of Production
Education: Bachelor’s Degree + (Advanced Degree preferred)
Job Type: Full time
Reports to: President
Compensation: $105-115k, commensurate on experience
Working closely with our partners in pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, pet, beauty, food, and beverage, NuSachi is organized around a simple idea: providing high quality hemp products for the global marketplace. There are no smokescreens here. We’re building a completely transparent supply chain from seed to sale, setting a new standard. Whether it’s genetics, plant material, extracts, custom formulations, white labeling, or a comprehensive turnkey solution for your enterprise, we’ve got you covered. NuSachi has the people, the process, and the proof to bring the full power of the plant to market.
Minimum 5 years of experience in production environments, preferably for the extraction and refining of botanicals oils. Experience with production-scale chromatography is a relevant skill, and candidates with suitable experience will be given priority:
• Familiarity with solvent polarities and separation of mixtures using a solvent gradient;
• Experience using various silica gels for difficult separations;
• Experience in method development for chromatographic separations (analytical and production scales)
• Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles including: production, employee management, finance and customer service,
• Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
• Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create effective operating environments, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
• Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
• Experience in commercial or industrial-scale extraction, distillation, filtering, and or solvent removal strongly preferred;
• Experience working in a cGMP compliant environment;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Maintains a positive “Doer” attitude in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Effective time-management and ability to multi-task;
• Experience developing production methods and authoring SOPs to operate equipment;
• Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems
• Oversee the day-to-day operations and equipment maintenance.
• Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
• Optimize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
• Develop, implement and continuously improve techniques for the production and quality control of hemp-derived products.
• Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and productivity.
• Drive operational budgetary planning with assistance from internal resources.
• Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement.
• Stay current on literature in the field.
• Manage internal quality control by producing product COA’s and compose and present QC reports to executive management.
• Collaborate with outside resources to implementing cGMP compliant processes and developing and enforcing production-associated documents to support successful manufacture of products.
• Develop cGMP-compliant SOPs for the operation of production equipment.
• Oversee all quality control efforts for achieving continuous improvement of production practices.
• Assist in training of staff on the manufacturing process.
• Cleaning and maintenance of extraction and refinement equipment following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and standard operating procedures (SOPs); complying with legal regulations; monitoring the work environment.
• Develop production data management system for daily production reporting.
• Optimize documentation or production processes to improve, improve product quality and production efficiencies, and to reduce delivery time and product failures.
• Accurate and consistent completion of corporate & environmental compliance reporting requirements.
• Additional duties as required by executive management.
• Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
• Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
• Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
• Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
• Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed.
• Work closely with human resources to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Process design for food or drug manufacturing (or similar), operations’ management.
• Working knowledge of analytical chemistry for manufacturing quality control (analysis of complex botanical matrices using HPLC and/or GC).
• Familiarity with production-scale chromatographic purification techniques (flash chromatography, CPC, or similar).
• Familiarity and experience with supercritical CO2 extraction equipment.
• Possess good communication skills, capable of communicating ideas to colleagues.
• Basic understanding of physical chemistry in relation to phytochemical extraction and refinement.
• BS in Chem/ Mech/ Elect engineering or similar qualification, with 5+ years’ experience working in an externally regulated production environment.
• Direct experience with hemp/cannabis operations: 2 years preferred.
• Able to lift 40 lbs and stand/walk for at least eight hours.
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Ability to pass a background check
• Full Benefits Package
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Equity/Stock Option packages available
To apply for this job please visit www.nusachi.com.