CommonCitizenry Common Citizen
The things that unite us are stronger than our differences.
Common Citizen is proud to be a Michigan-based cannabis company committed to changing the social stigma that prevents people from enjoying the greater quality of life that cannabis can provide. Our company is founded on two principles: ‘cannabis for humanity’ and ‘change for the better’. ‘Cannabis for humanity’ meaning we put people first in everything we do – from our safe, high quality cannabis plants to our world-class customer experience to our caring workplace environment. ‘Change for the better’ meaning that we have an insatiable desire to make ourselves, our product, and our team experience better each and every day. In fact, we are working hard to become and be recognized as a Great Place to Work® Best Workplaces in the USA.
About This Role
Every position at Common Citizen from seed to sale, is contributing to our mission to serve our fellow citizens of Michigan with the highest quality, safest cannabis product through our highly individualized and education-oriented provisioning centers. As such our growers, harvesters and trimmers are all called Cultivation Citizens.
The Edibles Production Captain is responsible for production of all marijuana infused edible products and helps to create and drive developments in edible cannabis infusions, focused on health, purity, and environmental consciousness. They will manage a team of chefs to carry out day-to-day tasks including prepping, measuring, dosing, cleaning, cooking, packaging, labeling, and operating basic production machinery. They will also be responsible for producing edibles in accordance with the State and standards set by Common Citizens. This is a dynamic environment requiring dynamic skills, and as such the daily tasks may vary, resulting in a fast paced and lively work environment.
Outlined below is what we see you doing at this point in time. We are a fast-growing company looking for people that are excited to grow along with us.
- Work with Purchasing Captain and Lab Captain to set weekly and monthly production schedules
- Manage kitchen chefs with daily production of goods, chocolates and confections using commercial machinery.
- Understand and execute batch calculations per Common Citizen Edibles manufacturing formulas.
- Maintain METRC compliance, production logs, lab test results and QC retain samples.
- Track input costs, labor costs, waste management
- Vendor Coordination / Ordering
- Organize and inventory ingredients and other kitchen production supplies at the facility.
- Place ingredient orders with approved vendors, log and date each shipment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of state and county health department requirements for Kitchen Production Facilities.
- Handle preparation for periodic inspections.
- Maintain a clean and safe production facility.
- Ensure personal hygiene is acceptable under standards set by Common Citizen before performing any production activities by washing hands, wearing a hair net, changing clothes, etc.
- Complete the sanitation of production equipment and tools including workspace, production and packaging equipment, cookware, and appliances.
- Hire and train staff in professional kitchen techniques
- State-required sanitation license must be up to date
The Experience You Bring and the Skills we Need:
- Experience in a field and/or operation that adheres to strict health and safety policies and procedures, preferable a regulated field producing products for human consumption.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of recipes, food production and kitchen sanitation.
- Strong and effective task-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail – ability to monitor basic kitchen production in processes, organize and maintain production logs and ingredient lot numbers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Experience in a production-heavy kitchen, kitchen management and chocolate/confection work a plus.
- Culinary degree, certificate, or at least 5 years of kitchen management experience
- Must be able to lift, pull and push 50 pounds and stand for entire 8-hour shift
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop and squat
- Must be able to work in a highly pollenated environment (kief)
- Must be able to work in hot and humid weather conditions.
Why You’d Love This Role
- A high level of professionalism and believe in our founding principles: “Cannabis for humanity” and “Change for the better”. As such, you enjoy being involved in the community and being a steward for the company and the positive change that we believe in.
- A passion for providing the residents and visitors of Michigan with the highest quality and safest cannabis products in the state.
- A desire to change the social perception of cannabis and a passion for humanity.
- A constant desire to learn new skills and believe in continuous improvement, both personally and professionally.
- Value integrity and honesty and want to bring those values to the cannabis industry.
- Enjoy being part of a team and sharing your skills with your fellow citizens.
- An appreciation for all stages of the production cycle of cannabis, including harvesting and trimming.
- An awareness of the contamination risk between a commercial and home grow, and thus can commit to not operating a home grow while working with us in the greenhouse
Common Citizen is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an environment of mutual respect for all people. If you are a member of an equity group, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application, cover letter or resume.
***Must be at least 21 years of age as required by the Marijuana Regulatory Association***
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Culinary: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.