Ensuring health and safety within the cannabis industry
Full Job Description
LOCATION: Lansing, MI
REPORTS TO: Field Operations Supervisor
The mission of Viridis Laboratories is to ensure health and safety within the cannabis industry by testing cannabis products for potency and purity, and to report results of this testing to consumers, manufacturers and regulatory agencies. As a growing company, we are looking for a full-time Field Technician with cannabis industry experience or experience in random sampling protocols, sample intake, sample tracking and sample storage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sample collection, receipt, accessioning and storage.
- Familiarity/compliance with the chain-of-custody process.
- Familiarity/compliance with personal protective equipment and its use for safety and in the prevention of cross-contamination of collected samples.
- Assisting scientific staff with ensuring test results are reported through the laboratory information management system to clients, government agencies and other involved or mandated parties.
- Assisting with maintenance of laboratory records and documentation.
- Assisting clients, government agencies and other involved or mandated parties with requests related to laboratory testing or results.
- Assisting with meeting accreditation requirements.
- Assisting with research or inquiries as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s in Science preferred, minimum of Associates degree or relative Military experience
- One years’ experience in an analytical or academic laboratory setting and/or two years’ experience in relevant industry.
- Familiarity with data entry and throughput.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience and education (range $17.00 – $21.50/hour). This position is eligible for a matching 401K program and health care benefits.
Applicant screening will include a background check. This position requires compliance with random drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Company provided PPE
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.