Cannabis with Confidence
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) (“Curaleaf”) is a leading U.S. provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a vertically integrated, high-growth cannabis operator known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 105 dispensaries, 23 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 4,600 team members across the United States. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
The Food Quality Scientist provides deep technical leadership to develop, maintain and proactively improve Curaleaf’s Quality and Food Safety programs. Under the supervision of the Principal Scientist, this role provides technical expertise, consultancy and a practical food quality approach to the R&D operations. This role makes complex risk-based food safety decisions that enable the reliable delivery of products that meet all external legislative requirements and all internal Q&FS standards. Primary responsibility will be testing of consumable products (gummies, beverage, vape) for things like content uniformity, stability, shelf life, brix, water activity etc. Writing technical procedures and policies is also critical.
- Leads the effective development and implementation of standards, processes, new technology/methods and drives continuous improvement of food safety management at the manufacturing site
- Acts as a technical resource for interpretation and ongoing application of food safety standards and regulations, as they relate to manufacturing operations, including but not limited to the Global Microbiological Verification, Allergen Management, Foreign Material Management, Mold and Mycotoxin, HACCP and Food Fraud Standards
- Acts as Food Safety Coordinator, providing governance to HACCP Food Safety plans and managing validations of CCP and OPRP preventive controls
- Leads the Root Cause Analysis investigation of food safety incidents and drives effective implementation of corrective and preventative actions
- Interprets sensitive and technical data for potential impact on product safety and provides timely recommendations for the effective resolution of food safety issues
- Leads the development and deployment of Food Safety training across the manufacturing site
- Provides technical guidance and consultancy to the Food Safety Team to assure that manufacturing processes and environments are microbiologically safe for producing both new and existing products
- BS degree in Quality, Analytical Chemistry or Food Science
- 2+ years of work experience in a quality manufacturing environment within Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- In depth knowledge of microbiology, safety, manufacturing processes and GMP
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in leading/influencing others
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing site managing quality and food safety management systems responsible position related to food safety or Quality and food safety management system
- Previous food (plant based) experience
- Experience with regulatory and 3rd party audit requirements
- Experience with practical applied microbiology in factory environments
- Capable leader of teams and individuals with ability to motivate and engage superiors, peers, indirect associates, and global Q&FS community
- Advanced understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Systems (HACCP)
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
Curaleaf is an equal opportunity employer
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.