Your CBD store
Full Job Description
Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing, largest franchise hemp retailers in the Nation? With more than 550 locations in 41 states, as well as four stores in the United Kingdom, Sunflora, Inc., the parent company to Your CBD Stores is seeking a Formulation Chemist to support our aggressive growth and expansion. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Palmetto, Florida.
This position is ideal for someone who is excited and passionate in applying his/her knowledge, experience, and creativity to formulate new products to help empower customers regain a better quality of life.
- Develop products from concept to completion.
- Assess flavors, textures, aromas, color, and other qualities of edible products.
- Formulate and blend cannabis and CBD formulas for manufacturing.
- Work with full spectrum extracts, not just CBD isolate.
- Perform research to develop and improve edible products and analyze the sensory effects of the edible products.
- Ensure compliance with state cannabis regulations.
- Ability to solve formulation challenges with creativity, efficiency, and precision.
- Plan and conduct scientific experiments to create product prototypes.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on raw materials using laboratory experimentation.
- Formulate raw materials including powder, liquid, and gel products to meet ingredient standards and deadlines.
- Follow industry standards on scientific significance, accuracy, safety, and record keeping.
- Optimize formulated ingredients to meet cost objectives and to manage availability of raw materials.
- Execute project commitments and pursue contingency plans.
- Conduct stability testing and record results.
- Test substances for composition, properties, structures, and reactions.
- Prepare research proposals including analytical, technical, and financial data for developing and testing new or improved products.
- Identify testing abnormalities and execute corrective actions.
- Review competitive products and trade publications and prepare reports on comparative tests, raw material information, and educational scopes.
- Manage daily laboratory operations and schedules.
- Monitor equipment operations and maintain cleanliness in the laboratory.
- Plan, execute, and monitor laboratory research programs and technologies.
Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with manufacturing in cannabis, pharmaceutical, and/or nutraceutical industry.
- Knowledge of scientific laboratory procedures, techniques, and methods of measurement.
- Maintain, optimize, and calibrate equipment efficiently with a high degree of accuracy and quality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, bio chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field is required.
- Three years of formulation experience.
- Experience with oral or cosmetic formulation.
Sunflora/Your CBD Store offers a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to their employees, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Generous vacation time and paid holidays.
- Casual dress code.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations