Where self-care begins
At Nature’s Medicines, we are in the business of improving people’s lives. We bring our purpose to life by creating life-enhancing experience in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence, and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. As a team that connects, enlightens, and empowers, Nature’s Medicines is looking for people who are inspired by our vision and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. If you too would like to improve people’s lives, we’d like to learn more about you.
WHY NATURE’S MEDICINES:
The Nature’s Medicines team is defined by our people. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust, but we also remember to have fun. Here are a few more reasons why Nature’s Medicines is a great place to be:
- Competitive pay
- Attractive insurance benefits and options
- Paid time off
- Professional development and workplace happiness initiatives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Nature’s Medicines success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
The Cultivation Technicians will be responsible for the harvest of the plants, which will include de-leafing, cutting down of the plants, hanging the plants and spraying the plants and transferring the harvested plants to the drying room. Duties will also include maintaining a clean and healthy environment within the zone for the plants and for fellow associates and will remove the spent pots and clean the area of harvest. The Cultivation Attendant will be responsible for spraying the plants after being trained in spraying techniques and being trained in the use of pesticide spraying. Cultivation Attendant must execute their duties and maintain a productive work environment and strive to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Responsible for manicuring, cleaning and staking plants.
- Responsible for transplanting, pre-harvesting, and harvesting in preparation for processing.
- Effectively and efficiently wash and clean pots and other required daily items.
- Assist with daily tasks in reproductive, vegetative, and flowering stages.
- Cleans vents, hoods, racking, cloners and walls in the facility.
- Capable of completing all relevant repetitive tasks regularly and consistently with a high level of attention to care.
- Cooperate and assist other cultivation leads and associates in the areas of climate, irrigation, growing techniques, production trials, labor savings techniques and in any areas where assistance is required and as requested by other growers, maintenance, and management.
- Monitor harvest operations in coordination with the Harvest Lead to provide best quality of product.
- Cooperate with, collaborate, and assist with cross-functional cultivation and production departments.
- Continuous observation of crop and equipment under the direction of the leadership team.
- Record plant growth patterns, plant temperatures, stresses and condensation points.
- Ensure proper calibration and maintenance of all greenhouse equipment.
- Ensure proper crop irrigation by consistently monitoring and calibrating all grow scales, over drain trays, EC and pH sensors.
- Responsible for all crop irrigation.
- Update greenhouse graphs as advised by leadership.
- Monitor and ensure that disinfection procedures are implemented and followed.
- Must be able to clearly convey any information about plants, machines and activities within the cultivation function.
- Identifies hazards, report accidents, incidents and near-miss situations through the proper channels and in a responsible manner so that they can be investigated, determined and eliminated to prevent future occurrences.
- Maintains job-related confidentiality.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical in this role.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be 21 years of age or old (Per State requirements) and pass a thorough and comprehensive state and federal background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain (with company assistance) valid Dispensary Agent Cultivation Card.
- This position will require local training as necessary to acquire the skill set needed to achieve strong understanding of common grow room processes and equipment, including electrical systems, lights and light bulbs, timers, irrigation systems, HVAC, dehumidifies, etc.
- Always conducts himself/herself in a professional and respectful manner.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to changing project needs in evolving situations.
- Be results driven with an emphasis on detail.
- Hand dexterity and the ability to do repetitive movement.
- Ability to read, interpret and adhere to documents such as standard operating procedures and employee policy and communication material.
- Experience in a fast paced, strict deadline related environment is preferred.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to carry that weight a minimum of 50 feet without mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to work in a seated/standing position as appropriate and required at various workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching and reaching; use of hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently if not constantly to complete various tasks.
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and be able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees and greater).
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20ft or more in a day and in night/dark conditions.
- Must be able to workin in a greenhouse environment in inclement weather for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally in English at a minimum of conversation level.
- Bilingual Spanish/English highly desired.
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variable.
The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Nature’s Medicines management.
Nature’s Medicines is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation and/or interview process should notify the job poster.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Are you 21 years of age or older?
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.