Full Job Description
Healthcare & Cannabis Reporter
Friday, June 25, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
- Create news content that captures and engages the audience, using metrics and past performance to inform and guide your storytelling approach
- Develop a deep source list within the community that includes real people, professionals, public officials and community groups and organizations
- Understand how to request public documents and accurately interpret them for inclusion in meaningful storytelling
- Identify trending stories that matter for our audience and develop unique storytelling that separates our coverage from our competitors’
- Collaborate with colleagues in and out of the South Jersey newsrooms to strengthen your storytelling, including additional reporting, photos, videos, etc.
- Use social media in an engaging, professional manner that promotes your personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand
- Bachelor’s degree
- Combination of education and experience relevant to journalism
- Your resume, limited to one or two pages
- A cover letter outlining your approach to journalism, how you’ll bring that to the job and what you know about South Jersey
- Links to three to five online examples of your work that highlight your range in storytelling and offer insight on what you would bring to the team.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org