Website Holistic Industries
THE BEST PLACE TO WORK, SHOP AND INVEST IN CANNABIS
The Cultivation Manager is responsible for setting strategic direction and overseeing cultivation facility operations including processes and procedures within propagation, vegetation, and flowering cycles, and the pre-harvest phase. Through the Assistant Cultivation Manager, the Cultivation Manager will provide oversight of all Cultivation Associates and ensure that the facility is safe and compliant with all applicable regulations at all times. Additionally, the Cultivation Manager is responsible for ensuring all company policies are upheld and all company-provided standard operating procedures are adhered to. This ensures the quality of product meets or exceeds standards.
- Plan and execute on strategic direction of cultivation facility consistent with direction from Management and in alignment with Company goals
- Develop and execute forward-thinking plans for cultivation facility to include expansion, integration of new technologies, and adaptation of processes to improve efficiencies and decrease costs
- Design and implement a cultivation schedule aimed at utilizing the full potential of the facility to produce consistent, high-quality cannabis and ensure the needs of plants are being met at all times
- Identify nutrient deficiencies and environmental problems, providing and implementing immediate solutions, and tracking and analyzing the outcomes of those solutions
- Train and manage Assistant Cultivation Manager, Cultivation Supervisors, and Cultivation Associates in appropriate and approved cultivation methods, processes, and procedures
- Supervise and manage Assistant Cultivation Manager, Cultivation Supervisors, and Cultivation Associates, ensuring proper scheduling of staff with adequate coverage to address cultivation needs
- Develop fertilization, irrigation, and feed schedules, and enforce adherence to those schedules
- Develop and implement an integrated pest management (IPM) plan in accordance to state and local rules and regulations
- Ensure proper execution of established cultivation standard operating procedures (SOPs), coordinating with the Facility Operations Manager to update procedures as necessary
- Ensure needs of plants are being met at all times, overseeing the daily activities relating to proper light intensity and positions, irrigation, fertilization, plant maintenance, sanitation, and equipment functionality
- Oversee proper techniques related to cultivation, including but not limited to transplanting, pruning, defoliating, watering, and feeding
Perform daily quality inspections of plants and their environment, immediately identifying and resolving problems
- Maintain functionality of equipment and the facility, making minor repairs and spearheading larger repairs and equipment replacement, as needed
- Ensure proper inventory of cultivation supplies, including light bulbs, grow media, and nutrients, and place orders for supplies with the Facility Operations Manager
- Implement and adhere to cultivation schedules by consulting vegetative plant inventories daily to ensure that sufficient numbers of healthy plants are being prepared for the flower process
- Schedule harvest of plants with the Postharvest Manager, based on cultivation schedule and plant maturation
- Coordinate harvest times with the Postharvest Manager, ensuring harvests are adequately staffed
- Perform employee trainings for Cultivation Associates at the time of onboarding and anytime that a procedure is adjusted or implemented
- Collaborate with Facility Operations Manager to update SOPs in identifying and addressing plant-specific issues, environmental issues, and climate control, and coordinate the harvesting of plants
- Ensure proper labeling, tagging, and traceability of plants, including plant counts, both physically and in METRC, and correct plant inventory discrepancies immediately
- Enforce all safety regulations and use of required PPE
- Assist with calculating production yields and determining areas of improvement for each harvest
- Facilitate inspections, whether initiated internally or through a governing entity, using inventory and compliance audits
Physical Requirements of the Job: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (125 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Moderate to loud exposure to noise level.
Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- Horticulture degree is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Cannabis experience is preferred
- At least five years of relevant work experience in a hydroponic vegetable production or bedding plant production facility is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with automation systems
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately
- Ability to initiate and follow through on work independently
- Ability to train staff
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Basic plant structure knowledge preferred
- Decisive, with ability to exercise independent judgment
- Delegation and the ability to perform well under pressure
- Experience in horticulture, crop management, and cultivation mechanical systems, plumbing (including irrigation systems), and electrical
- Knowledge of medical marijuana regulations preferred
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain a positive team environment
- Proven efficiency and ability to prioritize and manage time and task for self and others
- Proven problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Strong computer skills for data entry and analysis is required
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
- Understanding of and ability to oversee and manage all production cycles in large-scale agriculture
At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Scaling from a seed of inspiration in 2011, Holistic Industries is now one of the largest and fastest growing private MSOs (Multi-State Operators) in the country. We’re able to deliver consistent value to employees, patients, and investors because of the values that drive our work – how we do business and why. We have one of the most seasoned teams in the industry, a budding “Greenhouse of Brands” and a meaningful model of doing well by doing good. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. We are committed to harvesting and crafting industry-leading strains, consumer brands, and medical-grade products based on the most progressive science in the space. Holistic Industries has a unique model and approach that enables it to win licenses, scale operations and introduce national brands successfully in highly regulated markets. The company has proven to be responsible stewards of capital since its inception by sourcing licenses on merit rather than simply acquiring them on the open market. A “GREENHOUSE OF BRANDS” beginning with our flagship retail and wholesale brand, Liberty Cannabis, we continue to prove our ability to launch new brands from scratch and attract noteworthy partners.
We are deeply and actively committed to the communities we serve; our efforts under Liberty Cannabis Cares are focused on four pillars: Social Equity, Diversity, Community, and Cannabis Literacy.
Our team includes the nation’s most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances. We are a team of best-in-class executives and staff from within and outside the industry who share a passion for advancing cannabis products and retail experience at scale.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive PTO, paid Sick Leave, medical, dental, vision and other leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package. Join us as we build a great place to work, shop, and invest.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.