CommonCitizenry Common Citizen
The things that unite us are stronger than our differences.
Common Citizen is proud to be a Michigan-based cannabis company committed to changing the social stigma that prevents people from enjoying the greater quality of life that cannabis can provide. Our company is founded on two principles: ‘cannabis for humanity’ and ‘change for the better’. ‘Cannabis for humanity’ meaning we put people first in everything we do – from our safe, high quality cannabis plants to our world-class customer experience to our caring workplace environment. ‘Change for the better’ meaning that we have an insatiable desire to make ourselves, our product and our team experience better each and every day. In fact, we are working hard to become and be recognized as a Great Place to Work® Best Workplaces in the USA.
About This Role
Every position at Common Citizen from seed to sale, is contributing to our mission to serve our fellow citizens of Michigan with the highest quality, safest cannabis product through our highly individualized and education-oriented provisioning centers. As such our growers, harvesters and trimmers are all called Cultivation Citizens.
The Payroll Administrator is a subject matter expert responsible for gathering time records from employees and calculating hours worked and pay received for each employee accurately. They are responsible for ensuring that time records are accurate and that any inconsistencies or errors are resolved. This is a dynamic environment requiring dynamic skills, and as such the daily tasks may vary, resulting in a fast paced and lively work environment.
Outlined below is what we see you doing at this point in time. We are a fast-growing company looking for people that are excited to grow along with us.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collecting and verifying timesheets.
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Answering employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations.
- Issuing statements detailing earnings and deductions.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports.
The Experience You Bring and the Skills we Need:
- Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working in a payroll office.
- Experience with Paychex preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll software programs.
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Must have strong attention to detail and hold themselves and others accountable to Quality Standards of Work. Solid communication and documentation skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate using electronic media such as Slack and Outlook Email.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push 50 pounds and stand for entire 8-hour shift
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop and squat
- Must be able to work in a highly pollenated environment (kief)
- Must be able to work in hot and humid weather conditions.
Why You’d Love This Role
- A high level of professionalism and believe in our founding principles: “Cannabis for humanity” and “Change for the better”. As such, you enjoy being involved in the community and being a steward for the company and the positive change that we believe in.
- A passion for providing the residents and visitors of Michigan with the highest quality and safest cannabis products in the state.
- A desire to change the social perception of cannabis and a passion for humanity.
- A constant desire to learn new skills and believe in continuous improvement, both personally and professionally.
- Value integrity and honesty and want to bring those values to the cannabis industry.
- Enjoy being part of a team and sharing your skills with your fellow citizens.
- An appreciation for all stages of the production cycle of cannabis, including harvesting and trimming.
- An awareness of the contamination risk between a commercial and home grow, and thus can commit to not operating a home grow while working with us in the greenhouse
Common Citizen is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an environment of mutual respect for all people. If you are a member of an equity group, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application, cover letter or resume.
***Must be at least 21 years of age as required by the Marijuana Regulatory Association***
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Payroll: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paychex: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.