The first truly airtight, resealable, child-resistant packaging line and inventory management system.
Calyx Containers exists to solve some of the largest problems facing the budding cannabis industry: packaging and inventory management. Rooted in the cannabis industry, our passion is transforming how people transport, brand, and consume the products they love. We’ve developed a suite of packaging products for flower, concentrates, joints, in addition to a modular tray system designed to standardize the transportation and reconciliation process. We’ve made it easier for industries requiring child-resistant packaging to be compliant in a unique and modern way.
At Calyx, we hold sustainability as a core value in all decision making processes. This is the foundation for our mission: to design, manufacture, and sell >1 billion non-fossil fuel based products. Working towards a closed loop system for 100% product reprocessing, with many products and patents pending, we’re delivering on our promise to improve the way that businesses are run in the legal cannabis industry, and beyond.
Seeking a PRICING ANALYST to work with complex data sets to help Calyx determine and set competitive prices to gain market share and achieve revenue goals. This highly analytical role requires you to consider data from multiple sources and develop complex pricing models that reflect margins for promotional and seasonal pricing based on competitor, market, and customer data. You will play an important role in helping us forecast revenue and market share information, using a variety of statistical modeling methods to prepare reports that show the potential impact of various pricing strategies, including their effect on margins and costs and how they will impact profitability and sales volume.
- Analyze pricing data from industry standards, previous sales trends and competitors and report data to decision-makers
- Identify marketing strategies to increase profits
- Develop measurement tools to identify changing market trends
- Identify appropriate sales and clearance prices to increase market share
- Compare sales trends to previous periods and determine the cause for decrease or increase
- Work with FP&A Manager to plan SKU level forecast and create plan to address sales shortfall
- Create various marketing strategies to realize price targets and increase customer spend
- Create various reporting and analysis to keep leadership aware of different market trends
- At least 3+ years experience in similar role in a fast growing environment
- Experience of creating pricing strategies for both B2C and B2B2C type of operating model
- Understanding of the key business processes and information across sales, marketing, product management, operations, finance, purchasing, and pricing.
- Deep knowledge of data structures and relationships used in reporting historical trends, current opportunities/problems, and future direction in one or more of each functional area.
- Experience working in a shared development environment, including job scheduling and batch processing
- Strong abilities on analytical tools
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office package, MS Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possess solid communication skills with confidence to offer advice or recommended actions to business partners
- Experience with data modeling, Data analytics. Experience with PowerBI, DataIku, R, Spark, Hadoop, Cloudera is a plus
Have some of the above skills or qualifications, but not others? Tell us where you’re lacking and why you think you’d still be a great fit.
MORE ABOUT US:
Our team is composed of bright, hardworking, creative, and highly motivated individuals looking to make an impact on the world. We seek like-minded colleagues who share our values and want to apply their experience, energy, and enthusiasm to help grow and scale a dynamic business in a rapidly expanding industry. The Calyx Containers culture fosters the personal and professional growth in a challenging and rewarding environment. We operate at a fast pace, demand high personal standards, and offer everyone the opportunity to contribute, skill-build, and develop their talents.
Benefits and Perks:
-Unlimited Paid Time Off
-Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for all full time employees, effective on date of hire
-Access to voluntary benefits (Short Term and Long Term Disability, plus Life Insurance)
-Pet-friendly office environment
-Hybrid remote/in-person work schedule
-Ability to make an immediate impact
-Bi-weekly team meetings and optional (virtual) social events
An ideal Calyx candidate looks like:
-Has experience in the cannabis and/or packaging industry
-Thrives in a fast-paced environment
-Handles ambiguity with a positive attitude
-Rolls up their sleeves to help their team
How success is measured at Calyx:
First 30 days spent getting to know the company and our team!
Ability to make an immediate impact – we’re growing quickly and want you to help cultivate that!
Living our core values:
–Be Quick, But Don’t Hurry
–Sustainability Is Multi-Dimensional
–We Are Square: Quality Does Not Cut Corners
–Customer Is The Only Boss
–Earn Success Every Day
–The Biggest Failure Is The Failure To Ask For Help
–Better Together: Cultivate An Inclusive Environment)
Calyx Containers is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on perceived or actual race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Calyx is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.