POSITION TITLE: Processing Technician
LOCATION: Denver, CO
SUPERVISOR: Post Harvest Processing Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time – Non-exempt
This position is an entry level position within the Cannabis Processing Department. Technicians will harvest, process, and maintain facility cleanliness. Technicians will be assigned tasks within in various areas of the Processing Department; cannabis harvests, cannabis trimming, and facility upkeep.
Note: This is an ever evolving document. Job responsibilities and duties can change per needs of the business.
– Colorado MED Support Badge
– Minimum Requirement of High School Diploma or GED
– Must have reliable transportation – Multiple facilities to report to during the week.
– Must be willing to work at least 40 hours per week, Weekdays and Weekends (Shifting Schedule)
– 5 x 8 hour shifts that rotate with Planting Calendar (Morning, Day, Night Shifts)
– Microsoft and Google Doc Knowledge Preferred
– Station Set Up
– Clean and sanitize work area and equipment
– Harvest (Machine and Hand)
– Process (Machine and Hand)
– Packaging (Machine and Hand)
– Labeling products (Machine and Hand)
– Updating production logs
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
Experience and/or education in cannabis cultivation, horticulture, or biology is preferred.
Guidelines include the personnel and operational manuals; state, local, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances. Guidelines are received from the Compliance manual, SOP’s, and employee handbooks.
Work involves reading, analyzing, and interpreting complex documents including technical procedures and governmental regulations.
SCOPE AND EFFECT:
The purpose of the work is to maintain compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws; Employees may need to maneuver through the myriad of regulations that may apply, and assist other employees at all levels to obtain necessary services and benefits.
– Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours a day and rotating shifts.
– Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds
– Ability to sit, squat, bend, and kneel repetitively throughout a workday
– Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
– Ability to use a ladder (up to 12 ft. extension) and general hardware tools needed for common repairs
Areas where exposure to allergens and chemical pesticide residues may occur. Work environments that may include exposure to chemicals, fumes, dust, odors, high temperatures, intense light, high humidity, heights, motion, noise, protective gear, vibrations, and water.
In addition to your compensation, you will be eligible to receive any benefits which are offered to all full-time Lightshade employees. The employer will pay $250.00 towards Employee Health Insurance, Dental insurance in which the employer will pay half of the employee cost, the employee pays for Vision and Aflac. These benefits are available after 60 days. The company pays Life at 1 x your annual salary and Short-Term Disability. We offer a 401k program, with a 6% match after 90 days. Lightshade offers Vacation time at 80 hours accrued in the first year, 120 hours during the third year, and 160 after four years of service. Sick time is at 80 hours per year. Both are a maximum of 160 hours of accruals.
All new employees will serve a 90-day probationary period to enable the Department Supervisor to determine their suitability as an employee.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com