Premium hemp products for the global marketplace.
Title: Quality + Lab Manager
Education: Bachelor’s Degree +
Lab Experience: 2 years minimum
Job Type: Full time
Reports to: Chief Quality Officer / VP of Production
Compensation: $65-85k, commensurate to experience
Working closely with our partners in pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, pet, beauty, food, and beverage, NuSachi is organized around a simple idea: providing high quality hemp products for the global marketplace. There are no smokescreens here. We’re building a completely transparent supply chain from seed to sale, setting a new standard. Whether it’s genetics, plant material, extracts, custom formulations, white labeling, or a comprehensive turnkey solution for your enterprise, we’ve got you covered. NuSachi has the people, the process, and the proof to bring the full power of the plant to market.
The Quality + Lab Manager will be charged with helping to maintain an ISO credited QMS to include policy/procedure/work instruction document generations, internal audits, process mapping, and other tasks as assigned. This position will also assist in overseeing analytical laboratory testing services to further NuSachi’s business verticals.
• Ensure that NuSachi is compliant with regulatory standards and proficiencies required by US Hemp Law and applicable state regulations.
• Ensure that NuSachi is compliant with all necessary standards and proficiencies to acquire and maintain ISO 9001 certification.
• Outline SOP’s and necessary quality manual documents as necessary to acquire accreditations, to include policy documents, procedural manuals, work instruction, and record keeping forms.
• Oversees NuSachi’s training program.
•Act as the main point of contact for NuSachi’s internal audit and customer audits program and participate in governmental and ISO accreditation audits.
• Work with Laboratory Management to ensure corrective/preventative actions and complaints are addressed promptly.
• Assist the VP of Production and Director of Quality as needed.
• Adhere to all ISO and relevant regulations as they pertain to the position’s function and duties.
• Participate in professional development courses and conferences as it pertains to the duties of this position and as directed by the Director of Quality.
• Address quality concerns and complaints with clients, initiating CAPA as necessary.
• Create Laboratory Quality Reports for the Director of Quality.
• Schedule, participate in, and/or lead Quality Management Meetings.
• Approve method validations and data review as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Management, Chemistry, Microbiology or a relevant analytical field with 2+ years of experience in Quality Management.
• Must be well versed in ISO 9001:2015.
• Working knowledge of analytical chemistry for manufacturing quality control.
• Analysis of complex botanical matrices using HPLC.
• Experience in hemp/cannabis analytical testing.
• Knowledge of scientific method, data interpretation, and analyses.
• Experience with scientific research and technical writing.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel.
• Master’s degree in Quality Management, Chemistry, Microbiology, or a closely related field.
• Experience in instrumentation such as LC-MS, ICP-MS, ICP-OES, and HPLC/GC-MS
• Thrives in a start-up culture
• Helps to create a positive working environment through leading by example
• Full Benefits Package
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Equity/Stock Option packages available
To apply for this job please visit www.nusachi.com.