bringing high-quality medical cannabis products to those in need of natural pain relief and healing
High school or equivalent (Required)
Full Job Description
Under supervision, this position is involved in the production of cannabis and other medicinal plant derived herbal extracts, tinctures and associated topical products such as salves, soaps, lip balms, lotions, etc.
Sacred Garden is one of New Mexico’s first Medical Cannabis Dispensaries. What sets us apart from other dispensaries is that we make all of our products in-house and our extensive tincture and topical selection.
We are currently adding a team member to our Tincture and Topical department. Someone who has a team-oriented attitude with product manufacturing/food handling experience.
Must be able to lift 50lbs and stand on your feet for extended periods of time.
Someone willing to learn and to grow with the company and who has a positive mindset.
Attention to detail, ability to follow directions, good hand-eye coordination, math and computer skills a must.
Experience working with cannabis preferred.
Part-time position with room to grow.
Tasks and Nature of Work
1. Assists in the production and manufacture of medical cannabis and CBD topical and tincture products, including bottling tinctures, producing salves, lotions, soaps, suppositories, bath bombs and lip balms.
2. Assists in the production of all components contained in the cannabis and CBD topical and tincture products, including the production and pressing of cannabis/botanical tinctures and cannabis/botanical infused carrier oils.
3. Assists in keeping a full and accurate inventory of products ready to be shipped to dispensary locations statewide.
4. Ensures consistency and efficiency of products through quality control testing and compliance with standard operating procedures.
5. Ensures a clean and safe working lab facility completing a routine sanitation of all production equipment and tools, including workspaces, lab equipment, containers, and appliances.
6. Keeps detailed batch production records in accordance with the State and Sacred Gardens business standards.
7. Assists the Labeling Team by monitoring the labeling and storing of T & T products including the review of new labels, to ensure labels comply with state requirements.
8. Follows the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and both scientific and business SOPs for state regulatory compliance.
9. Stores and maintains supplies and equipment and properly handles the disposal of waste.
10. Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
1. Two years professional experience working in the production of medical cannabis tinctures and topicals or in a comparable production facility.
2. Experience in analytical infused herbal production.
3. Experience working in a laboratory setting.
Recommended Education, Knowledge and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in a field of science preferable. High School diploma or GED at a minimum.
- Some knowledge of the processes involved in the production of medical cannabis tinctures and topical production.
- Familiarity with separations, isolations, fractionation and formula mathematics
- Must be familiar with New Mexico medical cannabis policy and guidelines.
- Some knowledge of Bio Track THC.
- Accurate data entry and record keeping.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time management and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Windows based software and point of sale applications.
- General knowledge of basic arithmetic, conversion of metric to standard measurements;
- General knowledge of basic administrative procedures, managing files and records, and other general office procedures and terminology.
- General knowledge of computers such as word processing, basic spreadsheets and file use.
- Basic use and knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar and punctuation.
- Production and Processing – Some knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques used for maximizing the effective production of goods and products.
1. Speaking – Talking with others to convey information effectively.
2. Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
3. Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
4. Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
5. Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
6. Reading Comprehension – Thorough understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
7. Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
8. Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Must be able to pass both national and state background checks;
2. Must be able to pass HIPAA Exam;
3. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.;
4. Must attend sexual harassment training;
5. Must work in a production/warehouse environment to include sitting/standing for extended periods.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (Required)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.