California's #1 Selling, Luxury Flower Brand
The Training and Development Manager will lead the development and delivery of training throughout Canndescent. This role will be responsible for maintaining and updating resources and training materials as well as working collaboratively with cross functional teams to strategize and execute compelling training across multiple platforms.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Identify and assess current and future training needs.
- Collaborate with other departments on their training needs and implement a training strategy and schedule.
- Collaborate across departments to design, develop and update compelling training content for all experience levels, for individual and group training programs.
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods including hands-on, classroom, custom training modules and eLearning platforms.
- Manage implementation of training content and support strategy for engagement and retention.
- Participate in onboarding new hires, assign required trainings, and verify completion of trainings assigned in the training system.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on resource needs, including digital and print tools for areas such as sales, cultivation, team building, education, and more.
- Establish and maintain individual and organizational performance evaluation methods for training content, delivery, activities, engagement, and outcomes.
- Utilize metrics to validate knowledge transfer and return on investment.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and industry practices.
- 5-7 years of learning and development experience including developing, implementing, and delivering training.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to adapt to and write in brand voice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Learning Management, Instructional Design, Human Resource Development or related field.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in Instructional Design.
- eLearning design experience and demonstrated expertise in the technical development, implementation and troubleshooting of web-based training modules.
- Superb organization, detail-orientation, and project management skills; can effectively prioritize and balance short and long-term work-streams.
- Possess creative thinking skills and solid presentation skills.
- Measuring and evaluating impact experience of the training program.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Requires constant sitting for long periods of time.
- Requires constant answering/using telephone.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Requires ability to operate a keyboard if required performing the essential job functions.
- Requires ability to read and interpret a document.
- Requires ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
- Requires ability to move freely about the office building
- Requires ability to lift/move/carry up to 25 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence, omitting lifting as a physical requirement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equity: When you do well, we all do well. Every employee of Canndescent is an owner of the company
Growth Opportunity: Being part of a company at the forefront of the fastest growing industry in the US.
Healthy work environment: We provide a professional and fun work environment that brings passion and profession together
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid time off: Vacation and Holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Canndescent is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit canndescent.com.