As more brands enter the CBD market, it’s easy for newer, smaller brands to fall under the radar and not get as much attention as they deserve. We want to showcase high-quality, mission-driven brands, regardless of how big or how small. Lazarus Naturals is a smaller company, but are making a name for themselves as a top-shelf, high-quality CBD provider.Related: which CBD products made our list of best tinctures.
We love that they are a 100% employee-owned business that caters to users who want to live healthier and more comfortable lives.
Their motto represents who they are and what they provide:
“Designed by nature. Perfected by science.”
Lazarus Naturals follows the belief that CBD should be accessible to people who need them most. They have a bold mission that promotes community outreach and assistance programs. They provide 60% discounts to veterans, individuals on disability, and to make their products accessible to people in low-income households.
They offer a healthy range of products in both standard and high potency blends to cater to people with a broad range of needs.
Most of their products are vegan, preservative-free and gluten-free, and come in a variety of flavors and concentrations. Their website also acts a substantial resource for people who want to learn more about their products and the benefits of CBD.
On This Page:
The majority of Lazarus Naturals hemp comes from plants grown on their own Central Oregon farm. The remaining hemp is sourced from other Oregon growers that they personally vet. Their hemp plants produce full-spectrum CBD extract that goes into their products.
Lazarus Naturals CBD uses an ethanol extraction process to separate the CBD from the plant. The extract then goes through a purification and distillation process that results in high-quality CBD oil that is free from chemicals and solvents.
All of their extracts come from plants that have adhered to strict growing practices and are certified by the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) Hemp Research Pilot Program.
Lazarus Naturals oils come in a variety of fresh flavors including Vanilla Green Tea, Wintermint, Tropical Breeze, Chocolate Mint, French Vanilla Mocha and Blood Orange. They also offer flavorless options for individuals who prefer the natural and earthy taste of CBD.
You can get free shipping on any order over $50. The free shipping, combined with their already low prices make them a fierce competitor for users who want to get high-quality oil and CBD products on a budget. They also offer generous 40% off discounts for veterans, low-income households, and individuals with disabilities. If you’re not satisfied with your products, you can send it back within 30 days for a refund. Lazarus Naturals ships their products internationally to over 25 countries, and have their products available in over 100 stores nationwide.
Range of Products
Lazarus CBD Tinctures
Lazarus Naturals sells both standard potency CBD tinctures and high potency CBD tinctures. You can choose from both full-spectrum and THC-free blends depending on your needs and if your situation calls for a THC-free option.
Their standard-strength oils come in three sizes: 15ml, 60ml, 120ml, and offer 15mg of CBD per serving. The high potency oils also come in 15ml, 60ml, and 120ml size options and offer 60mg of CBD per serving. Both the standard and high-potency tinctures come in a variety of flavors as well as unflavored and THC-free options.
Lazarus CBD Capsules
Lazarus Naturals sells CBD capsules made from the same high-quality extract as their tinctures but in a convenient gel-cap. The flavorless tablets come in a range of potencies and size options.
You can choose from 10, 25, or 50mg capsules that come in 10, 40 or 200-count bottles. Lazarus also sells their unique, high-potency Cycling Frog CBD Capsules, which come in 100mg and 200mg options. If you’re looking for a THC-free capsule option, then you’re in luck. Lazarus also launched two new THC-free CBD capsule blends. Their 25mg Energy Blend is THC-free and contains a small amount of caffeine to promote increased energy. For improved sleep and relaxation, you can also try their 25mg THC-free relaxation blend. It contains ashwagandha extract, chamomile extract, and other minerals that promote mental clarity and calm.
Lazarus CBD Isolate
Lazarus’ Cycling Frog CBD Isolate contains 1 gram of Raw CBD Isolate or terpene-infused CBD Isolate and is available in Hawaiian citrus, lemon-lime, and valencia orange flavors.
The isolate formula is carefully crafted using the same process that delivers their high-quality CBD oils. To use the isolate, it’s best to dilute it in a carrier oil of your choice. People use it for cooking with or adding it to topicals to create a powerful healing agent. The terpene-infused or raw varieties come in a 1 gram jar, or you can buy their bulk isolate available in 20 or 50 gram tubs.
Lazarus CBD Topicals
Lazarus CBD massage cream is specifically designed with all the benefits of CBD in an easy-to-use topical that promotes added comfort and relaxation. The blend contains their full-spectrum CBD oil along with massage oil that they formulate in-house to react perfectly with the CBD.
Lazarus also has a line of lip balms available in lavender, cedar citrus, soothing mint, and an unscented formula. These full-spectrum CBD balms are made from a mixture of ingredients, including beeswax and mango butter and are specifically designed for topical use. Since they contain beeswax, lip balms are one of the few Lazarus products that are not vegan.
Lazarus Coconut Oil
Lazarus Naturals’ CBD-infused full-spectrum coconut oil is a vegan and gluten-free product that is the perfect addition to virtually any recipe needing oil. It only contains two ingredients: 100% organic coconut oil and pure CBD distillate. It contains no added flavors sweeteners or preservatives. Each teaspoon contains 50mg of CBD, and you can choose from 1oz or 4oz jars.
Lazarus CBD Pet Products
Lazarus Naturals line of CBD pet tinctures contain 0.5 mg CBD per drop and are available in 0.5 oz or 2 oz dropper bottles for dogs and cats of all sizes. You can give the drops to your pet directly or mix it in with their favorite food. Their standard, full-spectrum pet CBD oil is made from the same formula as their standard full-spectrum oil for humans. If your pet is more finicky or sensitive to dietary changes, you can go for the Sensitive Pet blend. It’s specially formulated for smaller breed pets and contains 0% THC.
Lab Testing/Third Party Testing/Quality Control Testing
Every product that Lazarus makes undergoes multiple rounds of testing for heavy metals and pesticides, as well as a potency test. After the oil is extracted, the raw oil goes through secondary screening to make sure it’s free of any residual chemicals or solvents.
Their CBD isolates go through additional potency and chemical testing. All batches are then sent to a third-party laboratory for further testing and analysis. On each product page on their website, you can find a “Test Results” tab which shows lab test results for every single product. We appreciate how their website makes it extremely easy to check the lab results of every product they sell.
- Affordability – Lazarus Naturals is one of the more affordable CBD brands we’ve seen. They offer high-quality products and enough options to make their products accessible to people on varying budgets. They also sell affordable sample packs of their products for people who want to try CBD but don’t want to commit to a full-size just yet. Their generous discounts for veterans, disabled individuals and low-income households live up to their mission to make CBD as accessible as possible to those who need it.
- Mission – Lazarus is a 100% employee-owned and operated company. They are one of the few employee-owned CBD brands that we’ve seen. They don’t let their size deter them from creating USA-made, high-quality products that help people. They are a brand that stands wholeheartedly behind their mission. You can see it in everything that they do, from sourcing their hemp locally to giving back to people in need.
- Transparency – It still surprises us how many brands are tight-lipped around their lab test results and extraction process. It’s refreshing to see a company like Lazarus fully disclose their lab test results without making consumers jump through hoops. They also explain their extraction process and provide in-depth FAQs about everything from CBD use and benefits, to their manufacturing process right on their website.
- High-potency products – They cater to a lot of people’s needs by selling both standard and high-potency products. Beyond just high potency oils, you can find high potency blends in nearly all of the different variations of products that they sell.
- Ethanol extraction – Most CBD oil companies use a C02 extraction process, which is one of the safer ways to extract CBD from hemp plants. While they make sure that their CBD is solvent and chemical-free, the ethanol extraction process uses compounds that strip the plant of more of its cannabinoids than necessary. Lazarus does state that they give their hemp more time to evaporate to make sure that the final product is free from any solvent residues.
- Excessive use of Coconut oil – almost all of their products contain some form of coconut oil as a carrier. If you have a coconut allergy, then there may not be many Lazarus Naturals’ products that will work for you.
Final Thoughts on Lazarus Naturals CBD
Lazarus Naturals follows the belief that CBD should be accessible to people who need them most. They have a noble mission that promotes community outreach and assistance programs. They provide 60% discounts to veterans, individuals on disability, and to make their products accessible to people in low-income households.
Their caring attitude and extensive product line make them a highly favored brand among CBD users. Their mission, affordability, range of products, and transparency puts them high on our list of recommended brands to try.